Wednesday, July 26, 2006

DISCERN

[ DISCERN ]
clock strikes a minute before twelve,
to sleep was not a plan for me anymore.
but my half-closed eyes finally had their rest,
to cover my whole world with darkness.
then suddenly, i dreamt of someone familiar,
how couldn't it be? its the one i love.
i had seen time to turn back at once,
to remind me that, still, there's something really bright.
looks like i've been replaying a love story,
over and over, but i can't memorize.
those moments with her, those lines she had said,
kept telling me that there's no way she doesn't like me.
but tell me this isn't a dream, or else you may,
tell me this is a nightmare, and i'm the one who's haunted.
at first, it was a dream, but now stained,
by the thought that she likes me, when its the other way around.
could it be better, could it be worse?
to finally know that sugar may taste bitter.
contrasting ideas that you may find hard to understand,
but sugar is what i thought, bitter is what i feel.
an unseen pick broke the ice in my mind, it made me realize,
melt the candle in my heart, taught me what i should feel.
but then my eyes opened wide and glance at the wall,
clock strikes twelve, is it a dream? or should i say, a minute nightmare?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home